LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i googled and read on here and checked multiple things several times but no ever luck... i have a 95 camaro lt1. it has a lt4 hotcam that was just installed, milled down heads. a.i.r deleted, msd optispark, flowmaster exhaust.

my problem is it idles rough and stalls in gear. iv tryed cleaning maf, checking for vaccum leaks, it has 14" of mercury, injectors are clean, tb is clean. its only been doing it since the lt4 cam swap. any ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it had a hypertech thing done on it previously. and i have a friend with the smae mods plus shorties and bored .030 and his seems to be running fine. and from what i read an been told i didnt need a tune for the lt4 cam

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will read into the tune for shure, any opinion or suggestion will deffently be considered .... what do you think about a iac problem? rpm fluctuates (spelling is horiable!!!) at idle and in drive or reverse when its looking to die. also would rockers too tight or too loose cause the same kind of issues?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I ran mine untuned with the hotcam. Ran fine but hella rich. There is ,however, a noticeable difference once it's tuned :D

Last week mine was sputtering and acting really weird. Wouldnt stay at a constant idle (fluctuated). Checked almost everything but couldnt find anything wrong. I FINALLY found a brown wire up near the firewall (between the computer and passenger cylinder head) that had a bare spot and looked like it coulda been rubbing against the metal. I taped it off and the engine still was pretty pissed off. In desperation, I disconnected the battery overnight to reset the computer (I know, you only need a couple minutes) fired it up and has ran great ever since lol.

Also, if you have the A4 and untuned, the idle will be extremely low and will act like it's trying to die at times. If I remember mine idled about 400-500 in gear which a couple times threw it into epileptic seizures at a stoplight.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yip i have the A4 i forgot to mention that!!!! i will have to go for tune asap and hope that fixes it

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
+1..... A4 idle is 550 D / 650 N/P way to low for HotCam, you will need at least 700 in D along w/closed TPS timing changes. Tune should take care of that. Plus good tune will alter timing to match cam power curve will improve performance. IMO your going to want a stall after you get tired of using a heavy foot on the brake to hold it back at stops. Plus stall gets rid of sluggish take off waiting for RPM's to get high enough to make the cam happy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iv been reading about stalls and such. i dont think i need a huge stall like most people recomend like a 3600!!! it is just a cruiser i have for the summer. id love to run it on the strip against my brothers 75 t/a for fun but by no means a drag car!!! any input on a stall?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Low cost 2200 RPM stall convertor search for S10 pickup stall convertor several run them in stock corvettes.

Here is one in an Impalla SS with 3.73s Hotcam etc.

See number 213 Tranny/Drivetrain

Dynamic Top ETs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts