LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all
I have a quick questioin on STALL Converter in a 4L60E trans with shift kit and all the goodies. I have a 1994 Camaro Z-28 I am going to put a small stall in. I think the smallest is 2800rpm if I am not mistaken. OK so going down the highway say the car runs 2500rpm. Will this cause the trans to run hot and burn up? Thanks for your help in advanced.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
If you buy a converter with lock up like you should, it will drop the rpms when the clutch engages. Your rear gear ratio and tire size along with your final drive ratio in the trans will determine your rpm at highway (or any) speed. I have a pt4000 converter from yank with lock up. It starts moving around 12-1500 rpm, cruises softly at 2k, mildly around 3k, and turns somewhere in the 3k range at 65-70 with 3.73s and a 26 inch tall tire. Don't cheap out on a converter. A stock/bolt on car would do well with a 3200-3600 ss converter from yank. They drive much tighter so you don't get as much rpm slip part throttle like mine does yet they rip when you go wot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks this info has helped me out. I am building a 383 stroker as of now putting a lil supercharger on it and a lil juice. Hope to be a 7.50 car in the 1/8 and still drive it to work when I want to. I been looking at summitt but I will def look at other options. Dont worry I don't cheat myself out of nothing. Cant die and bring your money with ya right lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts