LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested in the B body that turns corners, we are working on Lori Michaes SS Road Racer Project. We are assembling the LT1 now and have some updated pix on our site as well as the www.hirevchevy.com site. I know some of you have been to our shop and seen the car with a layer of dust on it. It is finally coming around now that we have the final engine piece in - the cam at 254/268 @ .050 on a 115 LSA with .672/.688 lift. Just a baby solid roller...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, just a "baby". Why didn't you get something with some real lift? ;)

What heads are covering the holes? Going longer valves? That's really popping them open and slamming them closed. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are using AFR heads with some additional porting. Longer valves definitely used here. Also running a Holley Stealth Ram. The big question is hood clearance on that intake. We had to convert the heads to old style manifold bolt pattern for the fit but it sure looks mean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just curious, but did you determine the HSR was going to be a flow improvement over the ported LT1 intake? Or do the AFR heads not support the stock intake? I would presume the AFRs would have to support the reverse cooling passages or be modified to do so, thus am confused over the intake. My LT1 intake has raised runners that almost cover LT4 head port openings. It's a little thin on top, but has sealed for 15K miles over three seasons. :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LT style intakes are kind of a contradiction in their design. They use a short runner which is typical of a high rpm intake but hey are hampered with a small plenum for packaging. So really they are the worst of both worlds when it comes to making an intake that is designed for real world rpm range, 2500-6000. I'll see if I can dig up my measurements for a comparison. We cut one up to see what all the innerds were about and were not too pleased. The Stealth Ram uses a larger plenum and a runner length that is actually a little longer than I would like but I believe still will significantly improve power in the 3500-7000 range where this engine will be operating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts