LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon searching for information tuning the pcm for going from 3.23 to 3.73 gears. Almost every thread on every forum just says they need to be programed or use hypertech. No info on what setting needed in tuning software to change.

Found one of Bobdec's post on another forum in someones thread about recalibrating it and tire size but it was through tuner cat.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
What we can do .. post up your tire size, or even better go to TireRack.com find your tires and click on the specs tab. It will give you revolutions per mile. A much more accurate way to tune the speedometer. Any on of us with TunerCat can then use the speedometer tool to get the settings you need to enter into TunerPro. Signature says you are an A4, post says 3.73 rear, once we have tire info we can help..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldnt find the same size listing on tirerack.
BFG site I came up with 810 Revoulitions per hour

BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 98Y
275/40/ZR17

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
For your setup.. A4/3.73 rear/810 Rev per mile tires (not per hour)
Speedometer Scaler = 30
Speedometer Scaler Fraction = 0.933
Speedometer Scaler Scantool = 50.355
Time Between Pulses Stop = 29.7
Pulses Per Driveshaft Revolution = 40
Speedometer Correction Factor = 0.914 ** TunerCat value, I never found in TunerPro Rt

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I have no idea why I typed per hour I know they arnt rated like that lmao

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have run into the same problem if anyone is still following this post my t/a has 3.73 gears in it. Its a 6 speed the tire revs are 813. Im looking for the info for tunerpro. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Global Moderator
13,611 Posts
speedo scalar = 13
speedo scalar fraction = 1.009
speedo scalar scan tool = 50.542
time between pulses for stop = 68.538
pulses per drive shaft revolution = 17
speed correction factor = 0.9465

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thankyou for the info. This forum has been the best resource for learning how to use tunerpro rt.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts