LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure on what to do so here’s my question. I just replaced the ac compressor and alternator in my ‘94 Z. Ac compressor was a pita but it went in and ac now work great (thank god) now here’s where it get interesting when I took it for a test drive the speedometer does not work nor does the transmission shift. I’ve checked everything up top to make sure the connections are good everything checks out and as far as under the car I was nowhere near the transmission so the Vss should never have been touched/unplugged….everything worked before the ac and alternator change so I’m really confused…the only thing I can think is there was an abs inoperative light on the dash but that light has been on for years and from what on finding is there is a speed sensor in the hub that works along with the vss to control the transmission and the speedometer…I’m really not wanting to put the money into something that may not actually be the problem and I’ve got a real hard time believing that a bad hub could cause all that…..so any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts