LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure on what to do so here’s my question. I just replaced the ac compressor and alternator in my ‘94 Z. Ac compressor was a pita but it went in and ac now work great (thank god) now here’s where it get interesting when I took it for a test drive the speedometer does not work nor does the transmission shift. I’ve checked everything up top to make sure the connections are good everything checks out and as far as under the car I was nowhere near the transmission so the Vss should never have been touched/unplugged….everything worked before the ac and alternator change so I’m really confused…the only thing I can think is there was an abs inoperative light on the dash but that light has been on for years and from what on finding is there is a speed sensor in the hub that works along with the vss to control the transmission and the speedometer…I’m really not wanting to put the money into something that may not actually be the problem and I’ve got a real hard time believing that a bad hub could cause all that…..so any thoughts?

· Registered
7 Posts
Not sure on what to do so here’s my question. I just replaced the ac compressor and alternator in my ‘94 Z. Ac compressor was a pita but it went in and ac now work great (thank god) now here’s where it get interesting when I took it for a test drive the speedometer does not work nor does the transmission shift. I’ve checked everything up top to make sure the connections are good everything checks out and as far as under the car I was nowhere near the transmission so the Vss should never have been touched/unplugged….everything worked before the ac and alternator change so I’m really confused…the only thing I can think is there was an abs inoperative light on the dash but that light has been on for years and from what on finding is there is a speed sensor in the hub that works along with the vss to control the transmission and the speedometer…I’m really not wanting to put the money into something that may not actually be the problem and I’ve got a real hard time believing that a bad hub could cause all that…..so any thoughts?
Is it possible that you cut or broke a wire while working under the car...? I'd look for something simple like that.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve checked for the simple stuff and all checks out ok…one thing I noticed is there is not a check engine light so I’m not convinced it’s a sensor the only light on the dash is the abs inop light which stays on from the time the key is switched on and has been on for years like prolly 10+ years…and then the low coolant light which I’m not sure why it’s on cause I put in a new sensor and the coolant is full… that light went out for about 2-3 days after changing it and then cam back on…..so going back the the above question is it possible that the computer is shot? Since there’s not a check engine light I’m thinking that as far as the computer thinks everything is ok..??..the car runs to good so I’m really confused as to what’s going on…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts