LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have had a loud rattle and grinding noise when I start my 95 LT1 transam. Yesterday giving it a bit of gas in 3rd something broke and made the LOUDEST banging and grinding I have ever heard. I came to a stop and put it in neutral, it went away for a minute and then started banging again. I shut the car off for a min, started it up and it was ok, i put it in gear and gave it a little bit of gas, the car started to engage. I moved about a foot before all hell broke loose again, World War 3 under my car. Is this the flex plate? I am not getting power to the tranny I think? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have a new engine for the car, just can't afford a tranny and rear end yet to finish the project. No sense in putting the new engine in until I can finish the project. Mainly stock exept for a tranny installed a few years ago. :poke:

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not really enough info .. could be anything.. sounds silimar to when I blew My diff and trans. Does it make the noise when running but sitting still in park ? What if you put in d with brake on gas?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Couple years ago ,one of the Planetaries EXPLODED in my Iroc. Sounded like you describe. When it went it made a HORRIBLE sound. Stopped, put it in neutral and then back in drive but I noticed I was starting in 3 and not 1 or 2. Got about halfway home when 3-4 blew out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts