LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a spare intake today. PO said it was the original '94 engine and he replaced it becuase of low oil pressure. Then he installed a replacement motor and still had bad/low oil press. Well he found out the hard way his oil pressure gauge was bad.:craz28: I guess he had enough and sold the car. I could'a had the whole engine for 150 bucks. I just don't need a nother good core engine right now. But got the smoke'n deal on the intake with injectors and TB.:thumbsup:

Felt sorry for him but just something to share here as its easy to get ahead of ones self without taking the time for proper diagnostics.
cardo

·
Registered
377 Posts
The GM elec oil gauge is not perfect by any means. I guarantee if you have a mechanical oil gauge along with the one in the instrument cluster, you will have a discrepancy from the two.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor guy said he first tried to replace the oil pump and still had low oil press. Then swapped motors and started it up only to read low oil press again.
But for his behalf, who wants to restart the motor if oil press is low. Happens all the time - easy to get ahead of ourselves.

cardo

·
Registered
135 Posts
It would have been a good investment for him though to just buy a cheap Sunpro Oil pressure gauge and hook it up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts