LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. On another forum I noticed people where taking the "tune" (or a file that contains the tune) that is on their pcm, and sending it to someone to change it and then they sent the file back. THen they uploaded it onto their PCM.

WEll i have a 96 LT1 and i was curious what they were doing. Im almost positive that the people sending the file are not using a full version of something like tunercats.

They can only take off the tune and put one back on. Not make any changes... have you heard of this before?

Then again they may all have a fuill version of TUnercats. Though it sounded as though this was not the case.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
You have to have your own copy & cable of LT1 Edit or tunercats to do this. A lot of people either don't want to or are scared to learn how to tune their own cars.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris 96 WS6 said:
You have to have your own copy & cable of LT1 Edit or tunercats to do this. A lot of people either don't want to or are scared to learn how to tune their own cars.
oh i c. lol. So they spend $400 to just upload a tune to their car? lol. I guess it would be worth it if you change it a lot. Honestly I would rather learn to do it myself. The problem is here, i dont know of anyone that can/will tune my car. So I HAVE to learn. Though i may just use a mail order tune fora bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts