LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would make the oil pressure gauge almost read empyt when I stop then go back to 1/2 when im moving?

Would a flashed ecu make check engine light to stay on? The guy told me it was a SS ecu which I found out on here was thr same as the Z28. Im not sure if the guy never knew what he was talking about or lied to me.he also said it's ob2 but 95 is obd1.

Looking to install a aftermarket cd player in my car since I only use my mp3 player on my phone to listen to music.the Camaro has a nice loud radio player that id like to keep.im wondering how I can fit my kenwood cd player in the dash.because the dash isn't square it's kinda rounded.every radio kit im seen has been square.I don't see how its going to work or look right.im going to check walmart out for a kit or best buy.

I also need to figure out why it doesn't have power steering.its looped so the rack and pinion could be out or god only knows.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Your oil is probably low. The oil pump pick up is in the rear of the oil pan which is better under hard acceleration with the oil flowing to the rear. If your oil is low, the oil will flow to the front of the pan when braking and there won't be any oil at the pick up. You should immediately check your oil level.

I assume your Kenwood is a double din? There's standard kits available for single din radio installs into the GM 1.5 din radio mount. A double din radio install kit is available for the firebird, but it's a bit different than the Camaro, and I'm not sure it is possible to fit one or not.

Another alternative is to get an aftermarket interface module that adds aux input. Some even offer the ability to control your phone's MP3 player from your HU's controls, but for that kind of control you will need a newer factory HU (2000-2002).

Not sure what you mean by a looped power steering, but I'd start by checking the fluid level and all connections.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

All I have are single din.it seems like im pretty much screwed on the radio huh .these are what I have to pick from .can you post a link to what kit ill need for the cd player if you dont mine.thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
The square ones will work. The trim piece that covers the mounting bolts is what's rounded, the radio itself has sharper corners. Many, many people have single din radios in 4th gens.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys im going to get looking for a install kit.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Your car is OBD1, but it simply has the OBD2 style Plug-in(16-pin connector)
This fools A LOT of people...but the car is indeed obd1.
To properly read or modify, you need the Adapter....or use the PC software.
(can't remember the website?)

It's pretty normal for those oil gauges to bob around a little bit.
Sometimes the oil is low, or the OP sensor might be faulty.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
could just be a flaky oil sender unit or an aftermarket one. my car used to read 20psi at idle and after a shop broke the OSU while rebuilding the transmission back in 07, i'm lucky if i see 10psi at hot idle now. it used to even trip the check gauges light sometimes for low oil pressure. i replaced the sender that they put in and it actually got worse (stupid AZ junk sender unit) so i returned it and put the other one back in. i think all the aftermarket oil sender units read lower than oem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That 1st pic I posted of my stock radio / cd player a bose system? Just need to know so I get the right install kit for my aftermarket cd player

·
Registered
562 Posts
No, it would say "BOSE" on the HU. Good thing too because that system is completely different from a stock/normal system.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
ok if its not a low oil level it could be that your oil pick up fell...
if you get your oil dropped hit your oil pan with a rubber hammer and if you hear a clang its probably your oil pick up fell off the oil pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts