·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Double Take: 2006 Pontiac Solstice VS. 2006 Mazda MX-5

Roadster Rage: Pontiac?s Solstice takes dead aim at Mazda?s MX-5 Miata

AUTOWEEK
Published Date: 11/28/05
Almost from the minute General Motors unveiled the Pontiac Solstice concept at the 2002 Detroit auto show, comparisons to Mazda?s Miata started being bandied about by the media and in Miata owner forums on the Internet. And why not? The Miata, well into its second decade, has become the benchmark by which all entry-level two-seat sports cars are measured.

At our first drive of the Solstice earlier this year, Pontiac engineers readily admitted their car would be closely scrutinized alongside the new MX-5 Miata, and they welcomed the comparison. Because Mazda launched the new version of its two-seater around the same time the Solstice made its debut, no one from Pontiac had a chance to compare the cars against each other.

More: http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103628

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds alot like tie goes to the better looking car regardless of shortcomings. I hope some mag does a long term test on one.

I enjoy the part where they say why can't GM make all their cars this good, then followed a couple paragraphs by it developing driveline noise. lol

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When they bring out the blown solstice the shootout will be a blowout IMO.

·
Registered
339 Posts
As long as you are 5'3" and live in the desert. lol

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see how its any smaller than a C6 on the inside.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Because a C-6 doesn't have the seat backed up against the trunk. Theres some space to tilt the seat back. The Solstice with the seat all the way back end up putting the seat back straight up.

Seriously I can drive my buddies 04 Z06 without any problems, and find it comfortable even. The Solstice I had a bitch of a time driving cause my left leg would hit the steering wheel when releasing the clutch. Plus the dash and console curve in so tight on the right hand side for no reason you don't get any knee room on that side either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts