LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger this morning on a set of bare 195CC Trick Flow heads, and they will be heading to Advanced Induction in the semi-near future after delivery to me. Got them from a guy on LS1Tech who bought them and then decided to go a different route, sold them to me for a good price. Should be here early next week if all goes well.

Now I just have to scratch up the $11K extra to build the rest of the motor. :eek:

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
I am jealous! I saw your heads thread in Advanced Tech at Cz28...I figured you were about to pull the trigger on something big.

What do those Trick Flows cost out of the box?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris 96 WS6 said:
I am jealous! I saw your heads thread in Advanced Tech at Cz28...I figured you were about to pull the trigger on something big.

What do those Trick Flows cost out of the box?
Bare they're $899 at Summit, assembled they're about $1250. I got them shipped bare for $825.

I've been talking for the past week with Phil @ AI and I'm going to have him work his magic on them and do a solid roller to compliment, then have Golen build a 383 shortblock to compliment that. Should hit my goal of 600+ at the flywheel on an engine dyno according to Phil and Golen.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
What will they flow once ported? That's a really good price IMO. Might have to keep those in mind for future projects :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, LE has been getting around 300/220 @ .600 out of them with over 240 at .400 on the intake side, so (and NOTHING against LE here) I figure AI should be able to eek out a few CFM more. This is porting them out to about 212CC's on the intake runner too. Should feed a 383 quite nicely. Just going to have to use the pistons to bring the compression ratio back up (64CC combustion chambers) but it should all work out.

It's going to be a long process for the new motor though. The FAST is about $2K, the top end is going to cost me in the area of $5K, and the shortblock with assembly and engine dynoing is going to run about $5k. I don't anticipate the car running agian until next summer at the earliest. I could be running faster, but next spring I'm taking my bonus and getting a 12 bolt and painjob done.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
santa_rosa_lt1 said:
you---> :nutkick:<----supercharged cobras

its nice that someone is gonna make there bird fly
Well, try. Making my bird fly is like trying to make a penguin fly. How far can you throw it???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good luck with the new combo,your going to need some suspension mods to get that power to the ground. LOL

BTW,not to put a damper on your project,but it always seems that if you think it will cost $xxxx it always costs $xxxxxx.

Like my on the cheap Do it myself H/C swap,it was susposed to be $2,000.00 DIY it will probably be $3,000 to $3.500.00 DIY

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
transamtom said:
Good luck with the new combo,your going to need some suspension mods to get that power to the ground. LOL

BTW,not to put a damper on your project,but it always seems that if you think it will cost $xxxx it always costs $xxxxxx.

Like my on the cheap Do it myself H/C swap,it was susposed to be $2,000.00 DIY it will probably be $3,000 to $3.500.00 DIY
Oh, I know. But I have most supporting peripherals for the motor already and initially started my guesstimates at $8000, which has risen to $12K after some in depth quites from the people I'll be working with.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Nothing sucks like a big block. I projected 5600$ on my 396 cost me 11,500$..Lame. Wasnt my dough though so oh well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
They say budget 1/3 to a 1/2 more than you think it will cost,but yours is double Judge.

Good to hear you have good working plan Fastbird.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.....got the old motor to the shop today, so by the end of the week things should be in progress to figure out if it's fixable and sellable as a longblock or not. More to come.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BRUTL TA said:
Man, I can't wait to see that bird of yours fly! I know how you feel. There have been times that I wish I had never started modding the car.
Me too. It hasn't seen the track, or street seriously for that fact, in well over 2 years now. Gonna have to add a few more months to that tally too now I guess, but it should be worth it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bomber Z said:
Do you have any chasis work done? SFC,LCA,pan rod, torq arm, ect.

Nope! :D But that's on the way during the motor build.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So how much is the porting going to run? If it will help out my motor THAT MUCH (though it is a forced induction motor) i will send them away. I plan on getting the same heads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts