LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I have been searching for a while and cannot find anyone that shares my exact problem. I have an auto 95z with 105k. The car was sitting for many years at 97k before I brought it back to life. Transmission was flushed within 100 miles of restoring it.

The problem I'm having is that when warmed up, first gear feels sluggish and it sounds like power steering whine when I'm moving slowly through a parking lot or pulling away from a stop sign. When it hits 2nd gear, the power is back to normal all the way through 3rd. If I do WOT from a stop, the power seems normal through all gears.

When it is doing this sluggish business, it feels like there is a delayed shift and a lurching feeling into second.

To me, this seems like low transmission fluid, but the fluid levels are fine and the fluid looks and smells great despite having this problem for the last 8k miles.

Perhaps more annoying, If I am accelerating under these sluggish conditions such as a green light in traffic and I suddenly have to let off gas immediatley around the 1-2 shift, I will get a very pronounced forward lurch and loud clunk. I've learned to baby it to avoid this as much as possible, but if I were to demonstrate this for someone, I would pull out of a stop sign and immedately let off the gas at the 1-2 shift, it lurches and clunks badly back to 1st.

I have replaced both engine mounts and trans mount with ES polyurethane. Torque arm looks good.

I do not know much about transmissions...any help would be appreciated!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also wanted to mention that there are no clunks shifting from Park to Drive or by manually shifting through any of the gears when at a complete stop.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Pull the pan and check for shrapnel. Sounds like a plnetary is coming apart.

Frank

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pull the pan and check for shrapnel. Sounds like a plnetary is coming apart.

Frank
Like I mentioned before, I do not know much about transmissions...but that doesn't sound very cheap..and I see you own a trans shop. If this is the problem , I'm assuming it means a new trans or rebuild?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
If the pan is full of metal, yes it would mean it's time for a rebuild.

Frank

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yeah...metal is not good!

I agree with Frank. It sounds like something in the gear train is not happy. Sounds like it may be time to build a new one...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts