LS1LT1 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I couldn't help it.......it's rusty anyway...Bolo work tooo hard (well not really) for my money....what the use of buying toys and can't play with them.. I did get it washed afterwards.....I'm going to get the car sprayed again ..Underbody will get sprayed too...eeven if it's rattle canned...and go from there.....I have never driven the ccar in decemberJanuary or feb..or March matter of fact....maybe that's why people were looking at me like I was crazy.....I am maybe just a bit....

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey bolo do u already have a swaybar if not ill make u a good deal

·
Registered
153 Posts
I will see how it will ride after the shocks...I cant see buying expensive shocks and I'm not going to the track.
But a wreck on the street can be much more dangerous- ie on coming traffic, trees, pedestrians, etc. Good shocks improve handling as well as braking through more effective control of the body pitch/roll rates. I was in the same boat you are and decided to wait and save for "premium" shocks. I was not disappointed I did. But w/ stock springs, Bilsteins, SFC's/PHB/STB it made the car feel like a Caddy when just cruising:lol: That's when I realized I guess I like a little stiffer ride than some other's would & started looking at springs. Just a little something to think about.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Initially, we were talking about the SLP Frame connectors that I got installed---Once I got under the car and saw somethings that needed some attention or I didn't like I. I purchased control arms, panhard rod...control arm relocation brackets..I also replace rotors and brake pads-and had the calipers serviced for seized slider pins--also had rear swaybar links installed..I also had rear shocks installed....I will get some springs and some spring seats soon...and I notice that my waterpump just started leaking from the "weep tube" . I think I got a lifetime warranty on the waterpump from 2012

·
Registered
861 Posts
Mite wana check out ur bump stops to and see what kinda shaler there in.

·
Registered
861 Posts
So bolo what shocks did u end up goin with

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Oh well---while they were in there.... had the spark plugs and wires changed too....not busting my knuckles this time. lost the slight miss...found one burned plug cyl#1 plug was loose...good call for Bolo.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Som' B**** still over heating after the WP change....Might be trapped air.....doing pressure test B4 going further...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Did you bleed properly?

You can bleed best with a pressure tester. Just be careful as its under pressure and may spray out, so go slow.
Also you can bleed when over heating. Just be really careful as its super hot and will spray. (Use a towel?)

Lower first then upper.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Im starting to think im working with some paying some idiots....THEY FRIED MY FUEL PUMP yesterday...Ran the car until there was no gas in the tank...there was 1/2 of a tank in it when I left it........Im prepared to go BOLOJONES orbital........I just sold a fuel pump assembly a few week ago...Now I need one.....Thats what I get being lazy and not doing the work myself....cost me another 100 buck for the pump assembly....Woe is Me....Damn......

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
ok.....got a used fuel pump to get it going....still overheating....Bolo going to order all the sensors and thermostat and a radiator cap...they are old anyway...getting all new doo dads......anyone know where to get a decent priced 160degree thermostat

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I guess they bleed the system correctly...I hope anyway...no telling with these guys....I going to have them finish what I want done...Block test was good so...I'm going to go from here...Im putting a little pressure on um to get this done for low cost labor:popcorn:...watch and see what happens

·
Registered
861 Posts
I got my 160 slp stat at summit. I actually think i got a 160 hypetec stat if ur interested. I payed 29 for the slp at summit racing

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I was looking at both of those....Both will probably work...I was going to order the SLP brand off Amazon..shipping gap was too long...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I can't find anyone to install my SFC's!!! They all are afraid of lighting my car on fire. Besides a frame shop that wants over 500 to do it. Ill buy a welder and do it myself for that price, and keep the welder.

I figure Ill tear out my carpet, thats needs replacing anyways, try to find a muffler shop or freelance welder to stick these things to my car. I cannot wait to get mine installed. I got the weld-on, boxed SFC from BMR. Ive also got BMR from and rear sway bars, pan hard, adjustable rear control arms, kyb shocks, springs. the entire car is lowerd and its kind of a PITA around city driving because the roads here are rediculous.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Update: Still haven't installed the SFC's. Im debating on purchasing a welder myself since I am eyeballing a roll cage. If I do that, ill pull the carpet kit out since its old and kinda nasty, weld in the cage and SFC's then re-install a new carpet kit.

I figured getting the SFC's would be easier to find someone to install them. I don't see this as a $500 job!! Its welding in the two front spots since the rear part of the SFC's bolt onto the rear suspension.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes it's amazing how great these cars drive with the SFC, panhard, and LCA's. Driving a stock suspension car is like night and day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Did you get weld on or bolt on? I bought weld on and am having a bitch of a time finding a welder to weld them on! I told them id rip the carpet out and prep the SFC's and the frame but still.

The only difference is the hole in the front is drilled so I might drill my own hole, bolt them on and get them welded or weld myself.
A roll cage is something Im thinking of next, or a k-member but roll cage would save my ass at high speeds. Been watching too many youtube videos i think.

·
Registered
861 Posts
you should not have to rip ur carpet out. My guy didnt and its fine. Try an exaust shop or is there a local performance shop around the area or maybe a chasy shop

21 - 40 of 40 Posts