LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that's going to sell me some new slicks for my Camaro.they are both hoosier and 30 x12.5 15 and the other is 27.5 8.0 15.What I need to know is will they fit or 1 fit better than the other

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Will the 27s fit? If so I'll get them they are like a drag radial

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just wanna hook at the strip.my tires are completely bald on my car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Spend the money for the slicks on other mods. Cam would be a nice bump

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
How old are they? Soft compounds tend to break down relativley quickly.

27.5" isn't bad. Stock diameter is 26" ish. You'll be slower off the line due to the taller tire vs a 26". May end up having to launch harder to not bog. Hope your drivetrain is up to it.

Oh and replace your bald tires before you wreck the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not spending any money on they.Im trading some nason black sealer and a grant GT steering wheel for them.

I hope im not slower off the line that would defeat the purpose of getting slicks in.the 1st place.

It's a auto ill launch as hard as it can.it only has 93k on the motor so I think it will hold.

Im looking for some lite weight rims to mount them on.I have a friend that has some3rd gen z28 rims he will give me.im going to see what they weiggt before I do anything.id like to find some convo pros and some front runners

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stock which I believe is 3.23

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
About to go get the slicks.he also has some 80s early ,90s z28 rims from a 3rd gen Camaro.he will sell them to me super cheap.im wondering are these lite enough to use with my slicks or should I just look for some cheap welds

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so what do you suggest I do?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ta'Da

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wont lie I dont have a clue about back spacing,offset or anything like that.I was going to scan craigslist until I found some rims like convo pros or welds.if you dont mind could someon post me a link on the jegs site for some of their rims with the correct offset or just tell me what offset i need. I also have been hearing bad things about the rearends in these cars being weak when you run slicks

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
30s are probably gonna hit your fender..
27s fit nice.
a good gear for autos on this size is 3.90:1 that with that height will drop down like 3.73´s... 4.10 in manual trans would still be a nice height on tire..

I run 28x11.5 r 16 on stock salad shooters and they are quite fun with my 3.73 gears...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I wont lie I dont have a clue about back spacing,offset or anything like that.I was going to scan craigslist until I found some rims like convo pros or welds.if you dont mind could someon post me a link on the jegs site for some of their rims with the correct offset or just tell me what offset i need. I also have been hearing bad things about the rearends in these cars being weak when you run slicks
yes rear dif wont last long, thats even if they get to last a couple of runs...
auto trans are friendlier than t56´s on the rear differentials...

stock camaros offset on +55 if im not mistaking.... just in case your wondering

1 - 18 of 18 Posts