LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lifter or 2 causing rocker tick on the drivers side. Is it ok to drive if I'm easy on her till I get my new lifters????

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
Do they tick the whole time or only on first start? As long as it's first start and they begin to gain pressure it's fine to drive for awhile. If they hold no pressure ever and tick all the time you have to replace them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they have to be replaced....... That's a gimmi. I just want to know if I can sadly drive it till the new ones arrive. It's a light tick while driving..... Almost can't hear it whole driving. Most noticable at start up and some times when pulling away from a stop.

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
If it ticks for a bit during first warm up and then stops I would say you're good. I wouldn't drive it if it's bleeding so much that it starts ticking again at lights. You can try thicker oil so that it holds pressure but in reality you could be damaging many things the longer you drive it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a loud clatter either. Just enough I can hear it. Most others have looked at me lil I'm crazy when I mention it because they don't hear it. She's my daily driver and only ride.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For a person that dosent have the luxury of time that it takes to measure pushrods and order them for the Ls7 lifters...... What would be a good choice for a stock daily driver?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.