LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i thought i had done my research and decided on the hawks 8.8 a few months ago and have been saving since. I now have the money for it and decided to do a finally search on them, aparently i can get a 9” for the same price but everytime i option them they come out to about 4k, right now i can get the hawks 8.8 for about 2800 shipped with the pieces i want. The car is a manual 6 speed 93 LT1 with 115k and im looking to put in a le2 head package and some nitrous. Which diff is better for my application? Of course in probly going to want more power later on but i dont see my car pushing more than 750 at most,

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same situation. Obtained a 94 Formula and am gonna build it. I want to start from the bottom up. No point in putting power to it that will just break stuff. 4k is the price on my research too. I'm guessing this site is dead.

·
Global Moderator
13,111 Posts
No site is not dead. But you have to consider newest lt1 car is 22 years old. Not new enough for full aftermarket parts support. And not old enough to become a cult classic.

So on your rear end choice, remember you get what you pay for. The 8.8 for $2800 is a big improvement over stock. Good for most normal high performance builds. But if your going to add nitrous or supercharging down the line, get the 9 inch now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts