LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, heres the story short, bought a shift kit, while installing it I decided to check my trans components since my trans wouldnt lock any downshifts, I was just simply free rolling. every thing was mest up in the end...

bought a complete rebuilt kit, checked my converter and it was ok, I even tried it in another car and worked perfectly, so no worries on a burnt torque converter.

so we put everything together installed the trans and the car wont shift unless you let go of the throttle and shifts perfectly, then, if you dont press the throttle again it will down shift very harsh...

thought to myself, ok maybe the shift kit is acting up, so I change the valve body to a brand new stock one, and surprise same problem.

my solenoids are all brand new, oil pressure is o.k. in the trans, every single thing is simply o.k.

I have dropped the trans 6 times already, disassembled the whole thing 3 times as well to recheck measurements and so and everything is as the book says....

what do you think this could be? will I have to change the whole housing, I have been told is really strange to change it, but that they might act up sometimes due to some internal oil paths and check balls in it.....

I really need some advice... I have been without my toy for a month a half now.....

·
Global Moderator
13,431 Posts
When you rebuilt the trans, besides what came in the rebuild kit; did you replace bushings, torrington bearings, forward sprag,low roller clutch, sun shell, rebuild the pump, inspect all hard parts very carefully.

Also did you make sure all seals were installed correctly, without tearing any, especially the solid teflon ring seals around input shaft and pump, which need to be resized when installed.

Also from what I understand, many shift kits can do funny things to working of trans.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
What "shift kit" did you use?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cocobolo95
did check that, every single thing is brand new... trying out a new housing today....

Dynamic396
superior shift kit....

regardless, the shift kit is not the one with the problem, I already installed a new valve body and still the same symptoms... so the valve body with the shift kit is coming back in

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
changed housing, checked selenoid´s part numbers, tried new converter, checked wiring harness, still the problem persists
FML
any thing I might be missing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts