LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some researching on how the car should be positioned while welding in the subframe connectors, but I have seen a lot of mixed answers so I don't know what to do as far as loading the suspension. Some people say to put all four wheels on some sort of ramp and others say to put jackstands under the rear axle and under the front A-Arms. Can anyone chime in? I have my Founder's SFC's on the way.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
498 Posts
You'd ideally want the car chassis & suspension loaded as it would be normally. If you jacked one end up & welded the SFC on the car could take on a bent appearance.
I've seen it done on a 67 Mustang and it just looked odd.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
suspension needs to be loaded...
if you can weld them in on a lifter like this would be the best since the car is balanced neutraly...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a lift like that, so I will have to weld them in while the fronts are on ramps and the rear end is on jackstands. Just hoping that I can get the car completely level

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
put them in place while your car is on the ground and tack weld them.

unless you have 2" drop springs or something you should be able to get a good tack on them blind

then jack your car up so you can see what you're doing and do a nice weld.

if you're using an arc welder, make sure your rods are ok for welding upside down, some rods are pretty dribbly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, thanks for the tips guys. I appreciate it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts