LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past Friday was 5th scheduled race of 9 for the 2005 season. It was raining all day, but they didn't announce a cancellation, so at 4:30 (gates open at 4), I headed out to the track. They actually got the race in, turn-out was light, 1st time trial delayed about an hour as they prepped the track after the rain stopped.

In the first round, I got paired up with the points leader, against whom I had bulbed in the 3rd round the previous race. I didn't bulb this time, got a decent "1st round light", but he up and puts a .004 light on me. I lost by the difference in our lights. He went out in the semis with a sleeper light, very uncharacteristic for him.

Not sure of the effect this had on my standing for the season, but I certainly missed a golden opportunity to take over some ahead of me in points who either went out in the first round as well, or didn't show up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Too bad you couldn't get a few easy rounds before having to take on the guys on top. Top 3 go to the ET finals right? How many rounds out are you?

When we redid our schedule to avoid a conflict with a "neighboring track's" (300 miles!!) national event, we ended up going from 8 races to 7. Saturday is the second of those 7. My car still isn't together so I'll have to take out the GTA again. It makes a horrible bracket car as it is all over the place ET wise. Hopefully I can make a decent showing. Second in points after round 1 but the car count was pretty low. Gonna move from Street to Pro next year once the car is together and setup a bit. :shrug

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They take the top three. My best hope is enough ahead of me won't want to go to Brainerd that they'll take me.

I'm at least 9 rounds behind last week's leader. I don't think anyone overtook him, but I don't know for sure - they haven't posted the standings yet. I'm 3 rounds behind the two that were tied for 3rd, but they probably got overtaken last week (they went out in the 1st round as well).

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The winner of that last event had a .010 package in the finals, in a 16.7 sec car, having to leave first, and the other guy bulbed. Looking over my records so far, I realized that he took me out in the 2nd round of the 1st race with a .015 light (to my "somewhat slower" light). He's in 2nd place now - another guy I've got to watch out for.

Since we've only gotten three races in, and there are 4 more scheduled - if there aren't any more rainouts, that is - then you could say I have more opportunities in front of me than behind - so, not quite half over.

Maybe...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts