LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test and tune on Saturday and then the points final on Sunday. Its been raining tons here the last few weeks and last Sunday's street legal afternoon race was cancelled so I haven't been out in three weeks.

I changed out the 2800ish 12" converter for a ~3500 10" unit. It seems to go about 800rpm higher on the footbreak but I haven't went further than a block down the street. Hopefully the launch is a bunch faster as I made 5 times more rear wheel torque at 3600 than at 2800 on the chassis dyno.

In 4th place for points. 1 round out of 3rd and 3 rounds out of 2nd. Hopefulyl the car works well this time out.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Good luck. May it go better for you than it did for me.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got an [email protected] first pass yesterday. Then a [email protected]. I thought I'd lose a bit of MPH with this converter but it doesn't seem that way. Best 60' was a 1.71 - hopefully I can get it down a bit more today. More than that, hopefully boht the car and the driver are consistant and make a good showing.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it turned out to be an alright day today. Ran an 12.002 this morning and never got back in the 11s. I ended up going rounds, winning the event and finishing in 2nd place for the season. The car stumbled hard - and almost stalled - off the line on the final pass. I buzzed the motor a little higher to make it up and it worked. Because of the difference at the light, I was able to catch him and dump at the top end just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Congrats on the nice season finish!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks....I should have just PM'd you...seems like we're the only one who post here.:rolleyes:
Pretty bored at work so I customized one of the smilies on here:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a 3000 word essay on how the weekend went: :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
How many rounds did it take to get to the finals?

·
Registered
166 Posts
congrats on getting in the 11s...............she's movin now!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
five7kid said:
How many rounds did it take to get to the finals?
Just 5...small field...:rolleyes:

A typical race day for us is 15 Super Pro cars, 35 Pro, 35 Sportsman, 20 Street, 6 Sport Compacts, a couple bikes and about 8 Juniors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts