LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be putting my baby away for the winter in a couple of weeks(96' Formula WS6). Is seafoaming it a good idea? I'm gonna change all the fluids before it goes in the garage. If seafoam is a good idea where is the best place to add it so it cleans out my car the most? I really want to clean the engine out and i've had luck with seafoam before just not on this car. Thamks for the insites. :streetrac

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Best place is to take the brake booster hose off the intake manifold and spray it in there. Just be sure to tape the little red straw to the spray nozzle lest it come off and get sucked into the motor. As me how I know about that :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Odd that you have had success with this. At least you aren't running it through the injectors. Rochester does NOT recommend running water through their injectors. I'm guessing no one else does, either.

If you insist on using oily water in $6 cans, make sure the engine gets run a few cycles after the process to drive all the water out of the oil. I've had just as much or better luck using windshield washer solvent (the methanol/water type) for chamber cleaning. It's a lot cheaper, but doesn't have the black-magic stigma surrounding it that the old SeaFoam does. It just works.

If you are planning to store the vehicle for an extended period, there are a lot better methods to prepare it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts