LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has almost perfect paint for being 23 years old. On my rear quarters at the top by the hatch there's atleast 30 little dents on each side. It looks like somebody spent a lot of time leaning on the car. My question is how well does the scrathless dent removal work and can it be done by a professional to look straight again? I called and got a quote from a local guy he quoted me $500 over the phone. I want to get it done but I also want it done right. I am a very particular person when it comes to my car. I just don't want to throw my money away and be mad. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
Scratch less dent removal is a scam.

In the world of auto bodywork, those little dents are actually harder to remove than a big shallow dent. The guy you got an estimate will just fill the dents with bondo and repaint.

The restoration grade body man will work the dents out from the back of the panel. He will use only a small amount of filler. Expect a repair like this to cost thousands of $$$$.

A good production body shop would use weld on pins and a puller to get most of dent out. Then fill & finish. Would cost more than $500 but way less than restoration grade work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts