LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently got my car on the road (kit car, yada yada yada). It's got the T56 and I've put maybe 300km on the current clutch. Today for the first time I started to get a VERY loud metallic noise when fully depressing the clutch, even when the car wasn't moving. I seem to have plenty of fluid. Before I go crawl under the car and check everything, any guesses as to what I should look for? I think it gets worse as the car heats up but that's a guess. Sounds like metal on metal. Clutch fork might be loose I guess. <shrug>

I'm going to start by simply replacing and bleeding the clutch fluid, the fluid is a few years old now, has been in the car since it was first constructed. I had to limp home in 2nd gear, thankfully with 300lb/ft and only 1600lbs the car managed to get home.

Getting the clutch out of this car is a ROYAL pain in the ass so let's hope I don't have to go that route. The wife got the lift in the divorce. :craz28:

Paul

120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took a closer look at the car and I'm leaking clutch fluid from the master and likely have air in the system. Didn't get under to look at the slave but will do that too. I suspect this is causing the clutch to not fully disengage. Will diagnose and bleed the system this weekend with my Mityvac and see if it helps.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts