LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the "Perf/Norm" switch on a Saturn SL2 does? I'm thinking that it just modifies the shift points or something, but I'm not sure. :cool:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Re: What does Performance Switch Actually do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got this off of Saturnfans.com, hope it helps!

The performance mode chages the RPM the tranny shifts at as well as the pressure applied to the clutch packs (directly related). However I advise driving in normal mode most of the time, however, I am not 100% sure of how the TCM compansates for the perf. mode. The TCM does "learn" driver habbits to apply the most comfortable shift possible, in my expierence.
Old Lady cars (perf. mode) = SMOKING TIRE second gear shifts
College students cars = Firm shift
In my opinion drive the S$#@ out of it in normal and hit perf. when you want something special (ie. shift kit feel).
This is my opnion from what I have experianced in 8 yrs at saturn on the line, to each there own.
Without knowing the specific logic perameters programmed into the TCM and ECM it is hard to say the percise long term outcome of either

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
gettinthere said:
:roflmao:

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while.
Its impossible to get a 4cyl saturn(maybe the 6cyl ones too) to smoke the tires unless you put down some bleach!
EDIT: I saw a saturn Ion lose traction today! The person was making a right turn with traffic coming. There was some sand on the road due to a construction site though... :roflmao:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saw a Saturn at the drags, couple months ago, IT did a 8 sec. run at 167mph, but i dont think it was SL2,it was ECOTEC motor. pretty impressive! YEAH! times are changing. RON

1 - 6 of 6 Posts