LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - I'm contemplating getting satellite radio. Does anyone have it on their car? Any suggestions on what to get - XM or Sirius?

·
Registered
221 Posts
xm...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have Sirius, love it. Never listen to the radio or cd's anymore in the car. No need to.

Sirius has all the NFL games with both teams local braodcasts if your a sports fan. Plus Stern comes to Sirius in Jan which will be pretty outrageous.

Personally if you're just going to have Sat radio in the car I'd skip the portable unit and get a sat capable deck cause the sounds quality is so much better.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Karps TA said:
I have Sirius, love it. Never listen to the radio or cd's anymore in the car. No need to.

Sirius has all the NFL games with both teams local braodcasts if your a sports fan. Plus Stern comes to Sirius in Jan which will be pretty outrageous.

Personally if you're just going to have Sat radio in the car I'd skip the portable unit and get a sat capable deck cause the sounds quality is so much better.
i have a portable unit and the SQ isnt bad. i also have the modulator (or whatever it is) that plugs into the antenna so it is tecnically hard lined in. i went portable because i use it in multiple cars. i may go with a HU version in the future to remove some of the clutter in the car though.

i second sirius, its awesome

·
Registered
358 Posts
PontiacManDan said:
So get a whole new XM or Sirius head unit?
if you go portable there are companies that sell vehicle specific mounts for XM & sirius portable units. i had a vehicle specific one in my impala and it worked well and was out of the way. read here for general info:

http://http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DFaZ7K2OsKn/satelliteradio/incar.html

there are HU's with just the satellite controls in them and for those you will need a tuner box which is another $100 or so.

then there are actual satellite HU's with everything inside them and no tuner box needed. only thing needed is an antenna.

im a football fanatic and a stern fan so XM never had a chance. i'd look at what each company offers and see which one fits you best (as far as programming goes). i dont think you can go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ive got xm... i bought the xm roady and have been pretty pleased. my antanna placement was a pain... tried to have the antenna inside the car on top of the rear view mirror but reception was horrible so i moved it out on the back glass... no problems since

1 - 7 of 7 Posts