Discussion Starter #1
Thought this was interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1552092,00.html

Climate change sceptics bet $10,000 on cooler world

Russian pair challenge UK expert over global warming

David Adam, science correspondent
Friday August 19, 2005
The Guardian

Two climate change sceptics, who believe the dangers of global warming are overstated, have put their money where their mouth is and bet $10,000 that the planet will cool over the next decade.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm not sure I buy the whole global warming thing either, but.... is ten years really enough time to tell anything.... these kinds of things take thousands of years to actually happen... if not more.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was doing a little reading on global warming last night. I didn't know much about the whole deal so I decided to edumacate myself about it a little bit and when I read how much the earth's temp had risen I was like WTF? They call that global warming?

This may sound crazy but has anybody ever thought about how much heat generating things/equipment there are on this earth nowadays? Could it be possible that this is contributing partly to the so called global warming? Just a thought that popped in my head.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the Kyoto Treaty is treated like a cure-all, but it only claims to create a .3 degree reduction in average global temps in the next 100 years...

Maybe it was less than that even..I just know it was very small vs. what its going to cost the economies of the countries that adopted it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts