LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
My 1995 camaro Lt1 runs real bad. Starter seems to have trouble to turn the engine around. If lucky it fires up for a while missfire badly. I have changed opti and water pump but it runs exactly as before. Today I unplugged the water coolant sensor on the waterpump and when turning key to crank car shut off all electrics. Its completely dead. Plugged in the sensor and electricity is back. Is it supposed to do so?

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
No unplugging cts shouldn't kill all power. It should put computer into open loop, speed density mode. Head to the following link to download the 95 service manual. It has a driveability & emissions section that has troubleshooting info. My Files

You need to put your car on an obd 1 scanner to read codes. 95 does not use paperclip trick to read codes. Even though your 95 has the 16 pin obd 2 type aldl, it is still an obd 1 computer system. Note that some codes don't turn on check engine light. The 4 ignition biggies are among these. Dtc 16, 36 are opti codes. Dtc 41 & 42 are icm codes.

It sounds like you have a long troubleshooting road ahead of you. Use the service manual to help you and ask questions here. I'd start with the basics. Check the battery terminals, at both ends for solid corrosion free connections. Use the wiring section of the manual to test power supplies, & grounds. Either can keep you inop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts