LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting P0132 and P0152 codes. I have searched the o2 sensor wiring harness for shorts. Didn't find anything on PCM or +- battery wires. Have replaced the o2 sensors (AC Delco) and still Bank 1 Sensor 1 is continuous reading .875-.960mv at running temp. From a cold start it starts climbing from .600mv. and never comes down. Bank 2 Sensor 1 is .070-.545 at idle to 1200 RPM (its all over the place) and .650-.825 at 1500 RPM Both rear sensors are deleted from PCM but i am seeing them with voltage on my scan tool ??? Its a 96 LT1 Stroked 383 LT4 cam with EGR deleted from PCM. Fuel Pressure running is 45-47psi and takes about 8 hours to bleed to 15psi. Injectors are 30lb. HP is around 400. The only thing i hav'nt got an answer on is, The left converter is gutted and just a tin can at this point. I tapped it a little to hard (Clearance issue with Moroso oil pan) and shattered the inards. So i gutted it. I'm lost at this point. Can someone point me in a direction?

·
Global Moderator
12,970 Posts
Try switching the bank 1 & bank 2 o2 sensors and see if problem follows the o2 that was in bank 1.

If problem remains on bank 1 after the o2 switch, I would say your problem lies somewhere in the wiring from o2 to pcm. Problem could also be 1 or more fuel injectors on bank 1 leaking. But from what you say about your pressure test, this is a long shot.

If problem switches to bank 2 after the o2 switch, then problem is in o2 itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cocobolo95 for the reply, I switched sensors and the same identical problem. Do you think the converter could be the culprit? I have checked the wiring from sensor to PCM and all checked good. Infinite ohms on both sets of sensor wires. (no resistance)

·
Global Moderator
12,970 Posts
Did you have an assistant that jiggled & wiggled the wires while you took the continuity readings? A wire can test fine when not disturbed. Then go open or shorted when wires are moved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts