LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need advice I have a 83 k10 with a ls1 out of a 2002 chevy silverado has a 4l60e transmission and a 208 transfer case 6in lift

I have replaced the coolant sensor temp and and pcm because it was bad now I can smell that the car is running rich no codes I am supposed to get tuned next week should I wait for the tune

·
Global Moderator
13,611 Posts
I've never heard of a ls1 engine coming from factory in a 02 truck. Is the engine you bought all aluminum? If cast iron engine would be either a 5.3 or 6.0 truck engine.

I ask because I don't have any experience with either the 5.3 or 6.0 cast iron engines.

As far as general knowledge, did you put the O2 sensors into exhaust system? If no, you need to have PCM tuned so you run in speed density mode. Also known as open loop.

When PCM switches from open to closed loop, the O2 sensors become the most important sensor for PCM to control air/fuel mixture. While coolant temp, Maf, & throttle position sensors are important, it's the O2's that are most important.

Also check for vacuum & exhaust leaks. They can cause havoc with air/fuel mixture.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts