LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 96 Corvette for around six months now, and the basic maintenance and cosmetic corrections have been completed. Its an auto, 3.07 diff, with 56k miles. While its very fun to drive, a bit more power would add to the smile factor. I don't plan to race, etc and this is just a daily driver with trips thrown in as possible. Looking at the various options to boost power I am close to choosing the Lloyd Elliot LE1 heads with the moderate 218/224 x .570/.565 cam. I thought about just using a larger cam by itself, but that would necessitate a higher stall torque converter which I don't want to fool with. Also plan on porting / polishing the exhaust manifold as Vizard and others report this is nearly 2/3 as effective as headers, plus I want to maintain the stock "sleeper" appearance. LE is very cost effective and has an excellent reputation; anybody have experience with this package or an alternate suggestion?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just got my LE2 heads back from Lloyd. They look very nice and my dealings with him have been excellent. I also tried to contact advanced induction but I still have not heard back from them, Lloyd already has the heads back to me. You can take that FWIW. Sorry I don't really have any suggestions or answers to your questions.

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
With the LE heads and hotter than stock cam, you will need to tune the pcm for the changes you make. Stock fuel injectors should be able to handle the increased flow from mods and pcm tuning.

·
Global Moderator
13,060 Posts
Forgot to add, that ditching the 307 gears for something about 3.42 should wake the car up also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to add, that ditching the 307 gears for something about 3.42 should wake the car up also.
I do plan to get a tune for the changes, no plans for gears or torque converter. Trying to keep this as simple as possible, just to wake it up a bit. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m a fan of torque converters even with a stock cam for the fun factor on the street. it makes the cars much quicker for sure and helps with fallback rpm. My old stock cam bolt-on 4600 lb. wagon ran 13.90’s. My 3000 lb. bolt-on F-body runs 11.90’s.
If you want more power, that cam and ported heads would fit the bill nicely. LE does lots of LT1 stuff and a great value. You’ll hear the cam so may not sound like a sleeper, unless on a really wide LSA. I personally wouldn’t spend time grinding on the manifolds as you cannot increase their length, which is where the power benefit is. I’d keep the manifolds too though on a daily!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts