LS1LT1 Forum banner

roaring when hitting gas and gets in higher rpm

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  iyzak 
#1 ·
i have a 94 formula lt1 4l60e
don't have much done to the car, cai/rear rims and tires however before doing either it would do this

like the title says when i hit the gas at WOT the car begins to roar, like something going in circles, gets louder and fades away, but quickly. I really don't know how to explain it any better then that.

any ideas would be greatly helpful, i was thinking maybe the drive shaft is unbalanced never really had one unbalanced before so i don't know what that feels/sounds like. I do have a LS1 aluminum drive shaft ill be putting in tomorrow, any other ideas? tranny fluid is alil old, replacing filter, fluid and that little seal thing tomorrow as well. (as well as fuel filter but i don't see how that would do anything)

#2 ·
Are you hearing this noise come and go on gear changes? If so, it sounds like a planetary.

Frank

#4 ·
replaced drive shaft today, when having it in the air i noticed i have a leak coming from the rear end, from the driveshaft side assuming that would very well be the roaring and problems

#6 ·
no not at all im not saying the leak is indeed doing the roaring however it is a problem, my logic behind that was maybe the rear end is dry? i don't know thats the point of asking/posting is to learn.....

after a PM from cahall i now know what a planetary is i do believe that is probably the problem with it.

the leak is just something else i will have to fix

#8 ·
yeah i was talking to my dad, hes a transmissions guy unfortunately i got stationed 25 hours away from him :() but yeah he said bring it somewhere before i try doing anything with the tranny bc ill probably end up bringing it somewhere after i mess it up lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.