LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically the title, how do RK Sport headers compare to other headers? And they are shorties or midlength, correct?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
They are midlengths and not many people are using them any more. They were the hot ticket 5-7 years ago before the longtubes came on to the market.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, I figured everyone would be about the longtubes now. I am probably going to get shorties or mid length headers for clearance issues and smog issues. Originally I was thinking of going with kooks or slp headers, maybe macs. What would you guys recomend as a good shortie/midlength header for the most power?

Or should I just say F-emissions and get LTs?

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
If you are going w/ midlengtsh ge the MACs... I still say go w/ the LTs and get a catted y-pipe if you need it. I am getting LTs w/ a ORY and just putting a gutted cat aroudn the pipe. All we need here is a shell so they see something. Everything else is done on the computer. Just plug in and go. DO NOT GET SLPs. They are garbage IMO. No clerance for plug changest etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mucho Gracias for the fast reply. I want to get some headers around christmas/new years time as a present to myself for being such an awsome person. But I just don't know what I want. Any opinions, recomendations, and advice would be much apreciated.
Does anyone make an ory with cats already on it by chance?

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Dont get the Pace-setter LT's , i was told Long Tubes are Long Tubes , Save the dough and add other mods , so i went with them , DAMN I HATE THESE THINGS !! I cant get em to shut up -- they leaked with supplied gaskets i took em out had em faced , they said they didnt even need it but i did it any way and re-installed with factory steel , LEAKED, yanked em slide in Copper Gaskets , STILL LEAK , LEAK TO THIS DAY !~ go with the kooks ive never heard anyone say one bad thing about em -- oh yea and if its a LT1 put cats cuz the horsepower loss is super evident if ya dont

Chris

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
993 Posts
I feel you on that self-christmas present thing :D

Definitely go with longtubes. Pacesetters are the cheapest but from my encounters Hookers/Jet-Hots have been of better quality. If you've got a ton of cash to spend, Kooks stainless steel is the pimp shit and fitment is near perfect.

For shorties I'd go with Macs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadly price is a concern for me so I am probably look more into Hookers & Jet-Hots. My main question is the Y-pipe. I want to get a y-pipe with cats already on them. Do any of you guys know of a y-pipe out there that will bolt up to any of the lt headers mentioned above? or do I have to get a shop fabricate small cats into an ory?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Jet Hots will do you fine then, they are a good unit.

As far as a catted y-pipe, it will cost you some money. You can call Jet Hot about it but I'm sure you can just have a shop weld a single cat in place.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Oh one more question, If I get Jet Hot's along with there ory. How would that match up to my magnaflow cat back? Will I have to cut anything/weld anything? ect.. Thanks for all the info so guys, really apreciate it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, I can't decide between the Hookers or the Jet Hots. My deciding factor is probably going to be the ory. Hooker ory , part number 66-16765 and the Jet Hot ory
I have herd of people complaining about nocking with there y-pipes, either of these going to do that?
Now with either of those y-pipes, will it attach to my cat?
Or does it just connect strait up to my magnaflow catback?
And if I wanted cats I would have them installed in the y-pipe?
Also how is my clearance going to be for my car with this set up?

Lot of questions, I know, just want to make sure on these things since this is going to be a lot of money for me. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also need to get header for my new motor. Here in Pa we have emission insp so I have been leaning towards the rk sport or as&m.

Question....The rk sport picture shows a slip fit # 1 tube. How does it seal so you dont have a leak?
Are the as&m headers 1 piece or does the #1 tube slip fit also?
Does their y-pipe bolt in place of the cat or what?

I would like long tubes but the emissions as well as some of you saying the lt y-pipes hit the floor pans takes the long tubes out of the picture for me. I hate rattles and things bagging off the floor pans.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts