LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 95 z28 recently, runs good, throws no codes etc. Problem is no reverse lights. Upon getting into it, I realized that someone had done a auto to manual swap. The reverse light switch is there on the trans but nothing is plugged into it. They kept the auto harness but didnt hook up the reverse lights.

I’ve been reading a ton trying to figure stuff out myself but that group of six wires that is supposed to hook up to the park/neutral deal on an auto that you would splice into to hook up the reverse light switch on a manual is completely MIA. I’ve pulled the dash half apart and pulled up a bunch of carpet trying to find those wires but no dice.

Does anyone know where those wires go? Like I’m wondering if I can trace them back from the pcm or a fuse panel or something?

I apologize if I seem ignorant on anything, I am a bit concerning these cars lol. Any help or thoughts would be hugely appreciated. Like I said, I bought manuals and have been going through forums and pics online etc trying to figure it out myself but I’m really dumbstruck at this point. Thanks!

·
Global Moderator
13,339 Posts
I would download the 95 factory service manual at the following link. It will have full wiring diagrams.
www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

Here are the sections of wiring diagrams that cover the park position switch & it's wiring;
starting & charging starts page 8A-30-0
backup lamps 8A-112-0
theft deterrent system 8A-133-0
brake, trans shift interlock 8A-138-0

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would download the 95 factory service manual at the following link. It will have full wiring diagrams.
www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

Here are the sections of wiring diagrams that cover the park position switch & it's wiring;
starting & charging starts page 8A-30-0
backup lamps 8A-112-0
theft deterrent system 8A-133-0
brake, trans shift interlock 8A-138-0

I got it figured out, its strange because a previous owner swapped in an auto harness for some reason. The car has been a manual all along.

Thank you for the service manual link though, I almost paid some crazy price for one a few days ago. I’m sure it will come on handy! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts