LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I wanted to let you know that after a period of negotiation and then transition, I have transferred ownership of LS1LT1.com to AutoGuide. They own most of the larger automotive forums out there (chevelles.com, chevyteam.com, and camaros.net, etc).

So the first question you might be asking is why sell the site?

I started LS1LT1.com five years ago. I put several hours a day into the site over the first couple of years, posting when things were slow, working my tail off to build traffic, links, etc. and grow the membership base. I've email spammed hundreds of companies trying to drum up sponsorships.

In that time, I've experience the birth of my daughter, changing jobs, a move to a new house, selling my WS6, my wife having some health problems, and a lot more. In short, my life has changed quite a bit since 2005.

So at least three things have converged that make this the right time to hand the site off to more capable hands: 1) I need to focus more of my time at work on work, and don't have the time to spare to monitor things during the day. 2) My time at home has become more precious as our daughter is almost 5 now. I don't care to spend my evenings working on the site if it means less time with my family. and, 3) No longer having one of these cars, the passion I have for them has fallen off a lot…I'm just not that into the scene as I used to be. I thought that would never happen, but life has a funny way of re-prioritizing things for you.

So, I negotiated a deal with the folks at AutoGuide. They have a tremendous amount of experience running communities like ours. They have more expertise at running the server side of things than I do, which will be a benefit to the site, among many other things.

The only changes you guys will probably notice is you'll be contacting them instead of me for technical problems, advertising and business inquiries, server issues, etc. In fact, Don from AutoGuide will be the lead contact and will be posting an introduction shortly.

I don't anticipate anything changing in the day to day operations of the site. Everyone is still here and welcome, but now we have the added benefit of full time owners being actively interested in the site. If you want an example of a site they took over in a seamless way, look at chevelles.com

I do want to thank every one of our members for all the support and help over the years, and a special thanks goes out to the staff. Without you guys, I could not have made this site what it is. You will all be needed to keep it going, for sure.

Don will be posting a message soon. You can reach him by email @ [email protected].

Thanks,
Chris

·
Banned
259 Posts
Sorry to see you go.

I just wanted to say thanks for your devotion to the site and your family.

I like yourself have been through many changes in my life since my first LT1 back in 1997, It's been great having the kids go with me to the track etc, However like yourself, Family takes presidence and that I totally understand.

Good luck with your family/Job and what ever you choose to venture into, I am sure you will at some point find yourself in another Camaro/Pontiac LS based motor :D.

God Bless and Safe travels.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
sorry to see you go chris but i understand where you are coming from and wish the the best of luck in your future :)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sad to see you go chris but thank u for your dedication and your devotion to this site and keeping it running for us.

Good Luck to you and ur family.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Man this site has helped me so much over such a short period of time. The atmosphere and people are great. Thank you for all your hard work and the best of wishes to you and your family. God bless.

·
Registered
551 Posts
chris,
Just wanted to say thank you for all you have done during your ownership, a lot of people have helped me here and im sure i have helped a few myself and none of it would be possible without you. i am sure you will still be around from time to time and we will see you.

mike

P.S. While you think your interest has gone down for now...it almost ALWAYS comes back. don't be surprised if you find yourself w/ another LSx or LTx car one day

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into this site. I hope your wife is doing well and yes, your family should be first priority.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
i cant thank you enough for this site! it is probley the most friendly community out their. i will not mention other fourms but this one is the best by far! hope to see you around chris.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i also would like 2 put my thank u out there, this is the 1st & only community i deal w/ & have gained a butt load of knowledge from here, so thanks & good luck 2 u b/c i understand u gotta do what u gotta do.... that b life.

p.s.
once a gear head, always a gear head... if life allows, you'll get another TA.:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks Chris for all you have done. You made the right choice, family 1st. The gearhead in us never dies. I know I waited 25 years since my last modified car or hotrod and I am currently trying to finish my lt1 project, at 62 its still fun if I could just see the bolts. Ha Ha!

Good Luck,

Larry N

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Fair winds and following seas, friend! A heaping helping of Thank You! and Best of Luck go out from Ft. Worth ~~~ C'ya round :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Chris, this has/is a awesome site! Thanks for all you have done! I have learned so much from the site, and the ppl are awesome! Its a great thing putting your family first...i have 2 kids so I know they deserve all your time! God bless and hope to see you still around the site some!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
sorry to see you go

I just came on board Chriss! Best of luck, blessings, and love for you and your babygirl! & Dont trip man you can take a boy out of the hotrod "for a while" BUT!
You can never take the hotrod out of the boy:LS1LT1flag:
you will be back!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts