LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did they ever make a red leather trans am?

I seen a red 93-97 trans am today that had red leather. it looked like the GTO leather color. is this factory or aftermarket? it looked factory.
if it is factory does anyone have pictures?

C

·
0 Posts
Actually it is a factory option, it comes with the red door panels. The TA's had the red leather seats, where the camaros just had the red cloth inserts on the seats. Pretty pimped...and very rare!

·
Registered
551 Posts
that prolly looks really good

C

·
0 Posts
Like I said its very rare...i've only seen one TA that had it and that was back in 2001 up in a local EFA meeting in Richmond. We used to tease this guy because he had the cool "red redder interior" (red leather) It was on a white TA, can't remember the year. I've seen more Camaro's with the red accents than i've seen the red TA interior. So thats

Red TA interior - 1
Red Camaro interior - ~5

·
Registered
551 Posts
i wanna see it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW I did find a guy online that has the factory replacement covers for the seats. they are real GM and $900 a set! makes me want to paint my car black !

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well my convertible was totalled, so I ripped the red interior out and was going to put it into my T-top but the driver's seat was ripped up a bit and the rear seat wouldn't fit in the T-top 'cuz convertible's are slightly different. So I sold the red door panels on ebay and had planned on selling the red rear seats and passenger seat but haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'll say it again..Its pimped :cool: and I want it on my silver TA

i bet you it looks really pimp in a black car :cool:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is an idea of what % of 96 Firebirds had it:

Warren

96 T/A, WS6, M6
79 T/A, WS6, 403, A3