LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I got me 2 firebirds now. A 94 formula 350 with a frame that will snap anyday now just sitting. I also just bought a 91 firebird with the 6 cylinder but im going to pull that out and throw the lt1 in there because the frame u can eat off it.

So my questions are, any tips or tricks on the swap, it should just bolt right in.

The 350 has 105k miles so I just purchased a rebuild kit for the bottom end. My brother and I will be taking our time as weve never rebuilt a motor before. I would very much appreciate any input on the process for that. Figured why not rebuild it if the timing needs to be done sooner than later.

And has anyone here done this particular swap before and may be able to enlighten me with some obstacles that will be a PITA reguarding the swap in general?

Thank you for any input as its very much appreciated. I will post pictures and a video of how she runs.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Search on " third gen firebird lt1 swap " there are ton's of info and posts out there.. Lots of decisions ahead, cooling control, fueling, transmission & control, engine management. If thinking of converting the LT1 to old school SBC then it's another story...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts