LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so heres the story. I have a 97 z28 auto. I am currently throwing a po137 code oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2 low voltage. I have thought about deleting them to run an ory pipe. I live in a state that requires emission testing the plug in not the sniffer test. I have found the simulators but will those function correctly if it is reading a low voltage or would they correct it. Or i have thought about doing a mail order tune and have them tuned out. If I have them tuned out will that allow me to pass emissions? Please excuse the fact that I know nothing about tuning just trying to fix my problem as easy as possible. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
a simulator is in place of the o2 sensor.

so unless you have low voltage due to damaged wiring or the PCM giving off insufficient reference voltage, it'd be fine.

having them tuned out would be another option

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I have kind of changed plans and I am going to just replace the oxygen sensor for now so I can pass emissions to be able to drive the car for now! I hooked up my scan tool and my bank 1 sensor 2 is sitting at a constant .025 running or not. sometimes it may jump to .030 would that indicate a faulty sensor?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
P0137 says O2 sensor is reading to low a voltage (lean) and remaining below 40 Mv . Since voltage is changing could be the sensor. To eliminate wiring swap left to right O2's and see if it moves (P0157) is B2S2. What is the good side B2S2 voltage reading now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so i tried to swap the sensors b2s2 came right out. B1s2 was a nightmare! I ended up having to heat it up with a torch to get it out. By the time i got the sensor out it was mangled lol. I replaced it and i am pretty sure its good. It pretty much changes like the others now. I have to drive it to get the systems to reset to take emissions later today hopefully. Thanks for all the help ill heep you posted!

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you need help shoot me a pm. I can help you with tuning it out if you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts