LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all! I have found a rear end set (diff, carrier, ring & pinion) online and want to check the #'s to ensure it is what it is advertised as.

It is being advertised as Richmond equipment 7.5" 10-bolt 4.10 ratio.

The # on the carrier are said to be 558813
Ring/pinion # is said to be 80-0466-10 and 058620
and somewhere (I didn't catch where) there's a DGX G6

I can see a few pics and on the carrier it appears to match the #'s given of 558813 and opposite that I can see part of a casting of GM 7 of which I'm assuming that fully says GM 7.5. The story is that this is a carrier, diff, and 4.10 gear set out of a 84 Camaro axle housing that was never used, built to drag race, and was replaced with a complete Strange setup, housing, axles, etc. before it was ever run.

I am looking to put this into my 1997 Camaro with a M6 and just want to verify this is going to work (direct bolt in) before spending the $$ on it. My rear is the stock 10 bolt with the stock gears (3.23's?) currently.

I have a call into Richmond right now because the part # x-reference online isn't functioning properly...or at all, but know that fellow LS1LT1.COM'ers can figure this out faster I'm sure! Hell, we sorted out bigger problems I've had before (see previous posts!).

Thanks in advance!:LS1LT1flag:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I forget to mention I'm looking for it to be an LSD as I'm driving it on the street...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good afternoon all! I have found a rear end set (diff, carrier, ring & pinion) online and want to check the #'s to ensure it is what it is advertised as.

It is being advertised as Richmond equipment 7.5" 10-bolt 4.10 ratio.

The # on the carrier are said to be 558813
Ring/pinion # is said to be 80-0466-10 and 058620
and somewhere (I didn't catch where) there's a DGX G6

I can see a few pics and on the carrier it appears to match the #'s given of 558813 and opposite that I can see part of a casting of GM 7 of which I'm assuming that fully says GM 7.5. The story is that this is a carrier, diff, and 4.10 gear set out of a 84 Camaro axle housing that was never used, built to drag race, and was replaced with a complete Strange setup, housing, axles, etc. before it was ever run.

I am looking to put this into my 1997 Camaro with a M6 and just want to verify this is going to work (direct bolt in) before spending the $$ on it. My rear is the stock 10 bolt with the stock gears (3.23's?) currently.

I have a call into Richmond right now because the part # x-reference online isn't functioning properly...or at all, but know that fellow LS1LT1.COM'ers can figure this out faster I'm sure! Hell, we sorted out bigger problems I've had before (see previous posts!).

Thanks in advance!:LS1LT1flag:

Okay, so I got in touch with Richmond Gear today. As it turns out the 80-0466-1 is a ring gear # for a 69-0322-1 set, GM 7.5" 4.10 ratio. MOST importantly the DGX is a code used on the Richmond Lock Right lockers. So it appears that this set is a 4.10 gear set with a Lock Right locker.

Now that's out of the way, looking for opinions on running a locker, a Richmond Lock Right in particular behind an M6. What you you guys think? Real life experiences? This is going to be a 99% street run ride...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts