LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided that my best bang for my buck is probably going to be building my rear end, I'm running a 95 trans am, lt1 / auto and 2.73 gears with the factory posi, the car has some good jam in the mid and top range but is such a dog off the line that I'm kind of disappointed in it so I ordered:

Eaton posi
3.73 gears
TA girdle diff cover
Master install kit

I had trouble finding axles, do you guys think that's a huge deal right now? Honestly the car is pretty much bone stock except the cold air kit I threw on it so even for a 10 bolt it should be pretty solid until I decide to do some major engine work? Am I right in thinking that for $1000 there probably isn't anything I could do with it that'll make as much of a difference as this rear end build?

·
Global Moderator
12,987 Posts
Can't answer your questions, but be sure to order the correct 3.73 gear set for the carrier you have. Your 2.73 stock rear gears uses a different carrier then 3.23 or 3,42 stock gears. You need to get the 3.73 gear set made for the 2.73 oem carrier.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Mite just wana save urself the trouble and get a ford 9 inch or dana 60 and b done with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I made sure to read up on all the carrier info, etc so I know I have all the proper parts coming. And a 9" would be a bit too pricey for what I'm planning to do to the car in the next probably 5-8 years, up here in Canada with the dollar being down so bad prices are pretty high right now on everything and all I really plan to do with the car is full exhaust, throttle body, and a torque converter for the next few years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts