LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Firebird Trans Am that I have had for over a year now. Only mods done is a muffler. First part I am going to buy is a K&N Cold Air Intake. Anyone else have this intake that can give me feedback on it? I'd like to start out with smaller and cheaper things then building up to the more expensive ones. Keep in mind that I have limited mechanical knowledge and anything the average person can't do then I will have to take it to the garage. Open for mechanical AND visual customization.

·
Registered
494 Posts
honestly i'd get a set of long tube pace headers will cost about 240-280 from ebay, make sure to get the one with egr hookups. cost the same as k&N will give more hp. just need a shop to put them on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About how many hours of labor will I be looking to pay for?

·
Registered
494 Posts
honestly not to sure on that one. swapped mine when engine was out of engine bay.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about getting an electronic exhaust cut out instead of straight piping it. I don't want it to be extremely loud all of the time and I only want the extra power when I need it. I have heard some negative things about them though. Any one have any experience with them?

·
Registered
494 Posts
you can get a exhaust cut out but your headers are still a restriction.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I would say the CAI is a good start. Easy to install, good power gains, and gently used ones can be had on ebay for $100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts