LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm in the midst of cleaning up my harness to thin out my engine bay, and one of the biggest challenges has been removing the stock fuse box from the harness that I'm using (i'm using a 1996 Impala SS harness with my 95 motor...) Right now when the harness is in the engine, there are way too many wires clustered up by the passenger side firewall.

I've been using this site:

Fuse Block and OBD2 Port Wiring

to re-wire my fuseblock, so it is mounted against the firewall. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a few parts which I can't seem to find -- i dont know the names or search terms.

1) I need a generic fuse holder for the 2 large fuses which control the Primary and Secondary cooling fans. Right now I only have provisions for the smaller size fuses. I currently have 5 relays (Starter relay, fuel pump, AC, fan 1 and fan 2). These relays are fitted in these sockets:

SOCKET FOR AUTOMOTIVE RELAY | AllElectronics.com

which slide onto this fuse block (i have 2 of these connected for all my fused circuits.)

Dorman Universal Fuse Blocks 85668 - SummitRacing.com

2) I need to find a nice little box which these parts could live in. Does anyone have one they'd recommend? I could just scour the junk yard, but if there's a nice box out there, I'm all ears.

I think the rest of the stuff will be ok, unless anyone out there thinks otherwise. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the help in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts