LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So My build is done.. and I've got 2 hrs on the engine.. on my build I used comp pro magnum 1.6 roller rockers, do they need to.be readjusted at all ? They still sound good..

·
Registered
26 Posts
If they sound good not now but I would check them after 5 or 10 K. Just to make sure everything is good. :LS1LT1flag:

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If they sound good, I would be ok just leaving em alone. At most, pull a valve cover and confirm your poly locks are still nice and snug.
I wish I would have done this... My build has about 5k on it and just threw 2 push rods because 2 roller rockers went loose on me.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I dont mean to be disagreeable but, I strongly believe when an engine is
brand new ,just a couple hours on it,that its good to check as much as you can. I am old school so dont yell, but I like to re torque the heads,I know alot of new style gaskets dont need to be retorqued,but as long as I can get to all the bolts I will do it. The valves and all their components have just gone through their first few heat cycles thus things can change,so I would go over your adjustments and as stated by someone earlier, make sure all the poly locks are tight! ed

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I agree Racy. My motor is proven that it should have been went through after a day of driving, at 500 miles, 1000 miles, 3000 miles, 5000 miles, 10,000 miles.... If it was mine from the beginning I would have done this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts