LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cruising around my town, I look for rice-burners and ricey people to ahnnialate. I know, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but I think that I have gotten to the point that I am offended if ricers try to race me or give me shit. It makes me angry.

Anyway, I was cruising in my 'hood the other night when a riced, lowered civic sittin on some ALLOYS pulls out in front of me. I quickly downshift and pull up next to the ricemobile, engine screaming in 2nd gear. I look over, and the kid's got wide eyes and is shaking his head "NO" pretty fast, all while maintaining a big smile. I smile, wave and head for home, impressed with his respectful courtesy.

It must be the !slow, !stock, and !quiet mods that I have done that scared him away. :party: :hello:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Damn. Gotta give the guy credit.

Usually they'll do something like that, then let you casually take off, then do the flyby 10 seconds later, and flip on the victory hazzards. :dontknow: :finger: :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
612 Posts
maybe its the cause its a WS6, but i hardly get any that really try. it gets boring sometimes. i have more cobras and ls1s that want a go
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,943 Posts
All the ricers around here act like hard-asses. They'll pull up to me and do thier fart noise and I'll drop a gear and spit rubber on them. Next thing you know I can't even see them in the mirror. So about 15 seconds later when the finally catch up b/c they're going 90 and I'm going 40 they do the ricer fly by. I'd love to toss out a tack strip once in a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,230 Posts
baddogz28 said:
It must be the !slow, !stock, and !quiet mods that I have done that scared him away. :party: :hello:
WHAT!!!
chris your car isnt that loud and intimidating sounding :roflmao:
 

·
Chris89gta
Joined
·
727 Posts
I got a guy in Nashville... actually two that would love to be your Huckleberry!!! LOL.

No we got two different guys, best friends actually, who run in a little crew we call the Fuji Crew. One has a 475 whp Integra and the other has a Civic that put down close to 550 fwhp. They are quick... Beat most of the stuff around here that they run, but only after they hit 100, and they won't run from a dig. Has to be from a 50 roll!!! haha. oh well. The integra smoked a guy I know who has a LS1 t76 turbo car. :eek
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I got a ricer to not race me one day on the way to work. We're both sitting at a red light and he blips the fart can. I open the cutout and give him a taste of V8 roar. His eyes got real big. When the light turned green I pulled away at a normal pace and he stayed behind me for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
why and how?

Fenster said:
I got a guy in Nashville... actually two that would love to be your Huckleberry!!! LOL.

No we got two different guys, best friends actually, who run in a little crew we call the Fuji Crew. One has a 475 whp Integra and the other has a Civic that put down close to 550 fwhp. They are quick... Beat most of the stuff around here that they run, but only after they hit 100, and they won't run from a dig. Has to be from a 50 roll!!! haha. oh well. The integra smoked a guy I know who has a LS1 t76 turbo car. :eek
I'm sure this is very true. Put enough money into any car and it can be damn fast. But I have 2 questions, why and how?
How do they get a fwd 1.8 to handle that much power? I'm thinking that nothing in the drive train but the block could possibly be stock. And what about the frame? wouldn't it twist in half if it weren't heavily modified? How much would all that cost and what all did they do?
And why do that to a fwd car in the first place? If you want something tiny and light weight get a rwd miata or something. I mean why even mess around with a fwd econobox?
Alot of the civics I've read about are only made to handle less than 100 hp to the wheels. So my question is this: how do they build a fwd drive train that will handle more than five times what the car was intended for and why in the world would anyone want to do that vs a rwd sportscar?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Posers

baddogz28 said:
While cruising around my town, I look for rice-burners and ricey people to ahnnialate. I know, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, but I think that I have gotten to the point that I am offended if ricers try to race me or give me shit. It makes me angry.

Anyway, I was cruising in my 'hood the other night when a riced, lowered civic sittin on some ALLOYS pulls out in front of me. I quickly downshift and pull up next to the ricemobile, engine screaming in 2nd gear. I look over, and the kid's got wide eyes and is shaking his head "NO" pretty fast, all while maintaining a big smile. I smile, wave and head for home, impressed with his respectful courtesy.

It must be the !slow, !stock, and !quiet mods that I have done that scared him away. :party: :hello:
I used to run into these guys all the time in my third gen berlinetta. I'd rev on or otherwise try to get anyone with a fart pipe to try to take me on and most of them wouldn't. I think where I live alot of the ricers have never raced or even exceeded the speed limit by more than 5mph. They just "mod" their cars to impress women. F-n posers.

Btw nice pantera quote. :rockon:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
i wish ricer burners would come up to me and want to race in the 2 years that i have owned my car i've never raced 1 ricer they wont rev at me and when i rev at them they wont go. (1997 Camaro Z28 LT1 SS Intake 80 Series Exhaust)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Honnis said:
I think where I live alot of the ricers have never raced or even exceeded the speed limit by more than 5mph.
I don't speed more than 5mph...

Don't need to. I don't have shit to prove to anybody :devil:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top