LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my waterpump on my 96 SS, M6 , and need to remove the radiator to get better access. The radiator seems stuck / attached somehow on the passenger side.I removed all the hoses. I did see the A/C condenser was attached in a slot on the plastic radiator shell, and got that apart , but it still seems stuck. The drivers side is loose. Should :LS1LT1flag:the radiator and fans be removed together, or do I have to remove the fans first? Thanks - :LS1LT1flag:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello.

My car may be a slight bit different since I have after market but just put new BeCool radiator in my 2000 to replace a BeCool that had sprung a leak. I took the fan/metal fan "shroud" out first, then very carefully lifted the A/C condenser to clear the tabs (after removing all the hoses and such). Then lifted out the radiator. At least in my situation, the BeCool has a post on the lower passenger side that sits in a whole on the lower body and holds it in place. Didn't take me very long.

Not sure that helps.... in my case, sadly I still have to do water pump and thermo cause it is still overheating but that is at least how I did the radiator.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Remove the fans first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts