LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6th scheduled race, that is, out of 9, but 4th to actually run. So far, I'm averaging a win per night. Hope to improve on that tonight, wouldn't bother me to triple the season total, in fact - which is possible, typically go 6 rounds, sometimes 7.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, there were 7 rounds in my class tonight. I didn't triple my season rounds won, but I did double them.

The leader and a few others ahead of me in season points went out in the 1st round. I took out #8 personally in the 1st. Others went out in 2nd.

Night went something like this: I was treed bad in the 1st round, but the guy stayed in it and broke out - I hit the brakes at the traps. 2nd round the guy needed a jump to get started to pull into the burnout box, they had my dial wrong, I made them correct it b/4 doing my burnout, he bulbed. I had my best RT in eliminations that round (I left first). 3rd round the other guy staged before I prestaged, I went in too far and lit both bulbs at once, so I had to stay in because I was leaving first. I didn't have time to stall up the converter (because I couldn't watch both the tach and the tree), was barely above idle when I left, had a .208 light. At half track, his engine rev'd up against the limiter, he fell back, I backed off at the traps and got the win light. 4th round we're laddered based on how close to dial-in w/o breaking out in the 3rd round. Since I backed off, I was in the bottom of the ladder and got paired up with a guy I know whom I've never beaten. He's a half second faster than me, I thought I had a decent light, he just barely catches me at the line and takes the stripe by .0017 sec. Turns out my RT was pretty mediocre, .065, to his .062, I ran a 13.809 on a 13.80 dial and he ran a 13.331 on a 13.32 dial. He ended up winning the event and went ahead of me in season points by one round and place points. 2nd time this year I've gone out against the winner, the previous three times this season was against the guys who went into tonight #1 & #2.

I went into the night 22nd in season points, I probably moved up to the mid-teens.

3 race dates left.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts