LS1LT1 Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
never seen ls intake on lt, thats awesome, how labor intensive is it? and any difference in power over the k&n cai?

·
Yo!
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
UPDATE*

I been overdo for an update. well here goes nothing.....

2011 LTx Shootout

Heading back from 2011 LTX shootout the car started to over heat luckily me and the ol lady were about 1 hr away from home. After settling down i started tearing the car down. Found out the car had a blown head gasket..

I was disappointed but at the same time was excited. I thought it was a great opportunity to a cam swap with the support the people of LS1LT1 :). After Much research and what not i decided to go with the CC503 cam. Here's a couple more pictures of all the parts! ppl love pictures!

Since i had the heads off i took them to the machine shop to have them install the valve springs LE recommended. While i was putting everything back together i decided to go with an EWP.

·
Yo!
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Lets move thing forward a bit...

here the First start up of the cc503. No video i have gives my cam exhaust set up justice

couple months after my cam swap i had to replace my flex plate :/ Removing the transmission was not as bad as i thought just needed like a 3 foot extension to get those bell housing bolts off. Installment was a whole different story i had to get creative.

Got rid of my old exhaust set up and went with summit 2 1/2 X pipe with single chamber delats.

A year or so later....

Lets see also up graded my rotors tranny pan with a deep pan from B&M

This year after saving up all my change i ended up buyig a Cowl hood for the race car. after installing it i waist no time in doing LS1 lid swap .

But SOMETHING just didn't look right... yeah those ugly chrome wheels. After income tax season i got her some now wheels and tires. 18x9.5 for the front and 18x10.5 on the rears with a pair of Nittos DR

·
Yo!
8,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
A buddy here locally painted my front bumper for a good price.

Took the car to the track earlier this year. With the Nittos the car ran a 12.9. Then after getting a pair of pro starts and slicks ran a best of 12.6

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like they did a pretty good job!

I gotta find a place over here that will do mine. I figure if I run the exhaust you got first, then we're even for you getting the hood I got first? :D

I've been looking at getting rid of the catback and doing true duals for awhile with single chambers. I had 40's on my LT1 truck and I liked them. My buddy had an LT1 truck, too but he had single chambers. If I could tuck 40's, I would, but don't think that's gonna happen.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts