LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if a torque arm from an auto is the same as a manuals....my torque arm got messed up and my friend is going to give me his stock one for free but he said that he thinks they are a lil different...when i looked up the part number on GMpartsdirect.com the part numbers were different but i dont see why they would be different when aftermarket ones fit both..so does anyone know??

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The ends that mount to the trans is different, or at least the mount is different.

Aftermarket ones are unbiased b/c it replaces the stock mount with a poly mount or some get rid of the trans mount and mounts in alternate locations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put the torque arm on today and before i put it on i put them side by side and i noticed that the stock manual one actually has more reinforcement on it and is sturdier but other then that they were the exact same...truthfully i dont know why i threw a stock one on there because now i am about to buy an aftermarket one but oh well

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Actually the M6 tq arms are much beefier than the A4 arms.

·
Registered
282 Posts
quiet_storm98 said:
i put the torque arm on today and before i put it on i put them side by side and i noticed that the stock manual one actually has more reinforcement on it and is sturdier but other then that they were the exact same...truthfully i dont know why i threw a stock one on there because now i am about to buy an aftermarket one but oh well
Keep us in mind then, I will be glad to help you out with that. We can also offer a small discount for board members :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts