LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ill start by saying im new to the forum and i need help tryn to fix my 94 formula auto
the back ground:
bought the car had for 2 years and added lots of bolt on mods like 58 mm throttle body headers hotter coil underdrive pulley stage 2 chip nothing major
two years ago i spun a main bearing ruining the block so i bought a 95 block and used my aluminum heads intake and accesories on this block after i put the car back together the fuel pressure was low so i changed fuel pump regulator and filter this fixed the pressure issue but now the car pulses al threw the rpm range
so i then changed the following
tps iac iat coolant temp sensor opti map maf and knock sensors along with o2s still no change i did however struggle with the valve adjustment when putting i the heads and intake but i beleive that to be correct now
im at a loss not sure where to go from here any info would be greatly helpfull thanks in advance

ps im sure ive miss things ive done cant remember everything

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’d start with testing fuel pressure at the rail and then take a look at the valve adjustment again. There is some technique and experience required with getting the valves right. Best is to have car running and valve covers off while adjusting. There are YouTube videos showing how. Describe the pulse a bit more...does car shake like it’s missing? Throwing any codes? I think you mentioned throttle position sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i changed the tps and reset it by turn the key to the on position pressing the pedel to the floor and turning off the key then turning the key back on and released the pedal the pressure was reading 45 or 50 i believe at the rail if memory serves
the car sat for two years while i gathered the funds to rebuild it and the pressure regulator was what was bad that had the pressure messed up but i left the new pump and filter in just to have new as they where not returnable

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also the fuel rail had rust in it from the tank i noticed when i changed the pressure regulator so i pulled all the injectors and cleaned the rail and the tops of the injectors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all the injectors ohm out to 12.4 to 12.8
i have resently separeted from my long time girlfriend and had to drive the car to a friends house to store it after driving it there it seem to run better till it cooled off aswel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts