LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im used to commuting in slow ass trucks and automatics, but the other day i was riding with my friend in his 02 m6 Z28 and a blue civic came flying by us and my buddie goes watch this...he doesnt even downshift and just floors it in 6th and smokes this civic. I was very impressed with the way it pulled in 6th. HELL IT PULLS IN EVERY GEAR!!! I was wondering how the way the LT1 would pull in 6th from about 70 would compare to an LS1 in the same situation?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
LS1 will pull alot harder stock for stock in top. Ls1 have nice power down teh chart lt1's stop making power sooner.

·
Registered
141 Posts
what is an M6?

·
Registered
96 Posts
6 speed

And I think either LT1 or LS1 could probably handle a civic while staying in 6th...lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
guys, guys, guys, why do you waste your gas on civics and other imports??? i just point and laugh at them when they downshift 3 gears and leave me behind100 yards in their oil cloud that came out their fart can exhaust lol,, cant stand ricers!! worthless for the track or street racing but great for gettin the wifes groceries.. lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
94formula said:
guys, guys, guys, why do you waste your gas on civics and other imports??? i just point and laugh at them when they downshift 3 gears and leave me behind100 yards in their oil cloud that came out their fart can exhaust lol,, cant stand ricers!! worthless for the track or street racing but great for gettin the wifes groceries.. lol
Since he was in sixth gear, it prolly didnt affect his fuel economy that much :p

And, just the other day I saw a riced out civic release a HUGE cloud of oil.

·
Registered
71 Posts
you cant rule out all ricers, just the low budget ones. because ive seen some damn fast civics or other hondas with a b16 or h22 swap in them running 20psi . its all in how much money you can put into it. i prefer instant torque to a turbo any day. but i wouldnt laugh them all off cause ive seen a fair share of fast cars smoked by a stupid civic hatch with 15k dumped under the hood.

however that doesnt stop me from laughing at 95% of them who put a type r badge on their crappy 89 civic hatch and call it fast.

speaking of type r badges, i pulled up on a 2001 accord the other day, with ground kit and an Accord type r badge clearly glued on very poorly. we stopped at a light and i revved. he didnt even look, at that point he put on his turnsignal and went the other way. i had a good laugh.

dont get me wrong with all this too, i still hate ricers :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts